Are you looking for a grant for your business? Finding the right one can be tricky, so we found this great resource from Business Australia who compiled a list to help you comb through different categories and eligibility criteria.
NSW BUSINESS GRANTS FOR STARTUPS
If you’re running a startup, fininacng is essential. In NSW, there are a number of grants you could be eligible for. These include:
- Minimum Viable Product grants: This grant supports promising startups that have not generated any income yet, including for those in the research and development (R&D) phase.
- Building Partnerships grants: This NSW business grant helps startups which are generating revenue to scale up by acquiring a key customer or channel to market.
- Regional startup grants: If your business is located regionally, you may be eligible for NSW business grants that support innovation in your area.
To learn more visit the Support For Startups page on the NSW government website.
NSW GRANTS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
There’s also no shortage of grants for small businesses employing 20 people or less. These grants often offer funds for education and include training rebates and tax breaks for research and development spending.
Many of the current small business grants look to support businesses affected by the issues in 2020. These include bushfire business grants for those businesses who have suffered a loss of income, and COVID-19 business grants.
GRANTS FOR ABORIGINAL OR TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PEOPLES
If you are an Indigenous business owner you can register your company as an Indigenous corporation, which will make your business eligible for specific business grants and other incentives. You can check whether your business may be eligible to register on the government site.
There’s also the Indigenous Business Australia (IBA) program, which offers advice, training and finance to help entrepreneurs and business owners with an Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander background boost their ventures.
NSW BUSINESS GRANTS FOR WOMEN
The NSW Government is committed to enhancing the economic opportunities for women, including cash injections as well as subsidised resource and mentoring support. As such, it offers a specific educational grant for women who own or operate a small business state-side.
NSW BUSINESS GRANTS FOR ENERGY SUSTAINABILITY
For those businesses working in the sustainability space, the NSW Government offers grants for renewable energy projects.
The Advancing Renewables program is available for businesses aiming to innovate the renewable energy landscape in Australia and help make it a commercially viable option for everyone.
COVID-19 NSW BUSINESS GRANTS
If your business has suffered due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for grants, benefits, rebates and concessions designed to ease the impact of the pandemic. There’s a variety of sub-sectors seeking to consider many different needs. These include:
- Southern border small business support grant: For those businesses impacted by the closure of the NSW and Victoria border. Apply on the Service NSW website.
- PPE production grants: The NSW Government is looking to support businesses that are working to deliver a reliable, domestic supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) products. If that sounds like your business, you can apply on the government website.
- Cash flow for employers payments: If your business has an aggregated turnover of less than $50 million and it employs people, you may be eligible for a grant to support cash flow.
- Government-funded infection control training: Your employees can undertake nationally recognised Infection Prevention and Control training certification through Momentum Consulting.
Have you found a grant for your business? Then be sure to always check the application criteria, eligibility requirements and put your business in the best possible position to win.